Monday, June 29, 2009

MY MANHOLE!

Well it seems they got me! Or my manhole has been gotten. It seems these guys have teamed up with the Decepticons.
My manhole fought the good fight, and bent the Decepticon that attached me, but in the end I think it was the Decapticon that won. This is What that little bastered looked like, if you happen to run into him.
I suppose the whole thing could have happen by chance. Or I was being careless. By, I don't know, maybe taking the CD/DVD tray off of the printer to get being the stack to plug in a serial cable and set the try down on my chair and then forgot that the tray was there an sat on it bending it and stabbing myself in the bum (said like a little kid trying to tell a whole story in one breath).

Moving on.

So we have had a rash of celebrity deaths this past week and weekend. In my opinion the worst of them all came on Saturday. Gale Storm past away. She was 87 and lived the good life. She most recently stared in an episode of "Murder She Wrote" in 1989. What a wonderful roll she played.



She was given a star on the walk of fame. Obviously before she died. How else would they get a hand/foot print in the concrete. Speaking of her fame. The Washington Post and CNN (along others) have some nice Bummer Beat write-ups on her.

Wait, did you think I was going to talk about MJ, Billy Mays, Farrah Fawcett or Ed McMahon? Hey! about 155,000 people die a day. What about the rest of the celebrities! People like Sky Saxon of The Seed.

OK. That got out of hand. It got really depressing, fast.

In happier news! The Meepers and myself got together at my parents house to get some work done. We recently purchased a Dremel kit and got to work getting ride of all the access on those pesky stock floorboards.

Well the lower half of the stock boards also protect the bottom of the gas tank and fuel filter. Well me being the paranoid person that I am,
I did not want to fully take the boards off and leave myself and The Meepers open to disaster. Though many claim they have had 0 problems over the course of years. But The Meepers and myself often venture out in so-so weather conditions that often result in rain. I believe most of these other guys don't ride in the rain. Seeing as they have much more money into their Ruckuses than I do. And lots of engine swaps.

Any way. I had this:And what i essentially did was cut all the access off leaving just the bottom pan and the holes that mount it to the frame. It was really hot and I broke all of my cutting discs so I didn't take photos as I went along.

Stupid me thought "Hey, it's a nice day out. I'll do the work in the front of the house instead of in the nice cool garage." So after a while of working, sweating my bum off, and braking all of my cutting discs (I had to Jerry-Rig the last one to finish the job), I was in a bad mood, and forgot to take photos. But the finished product looked like this: (borrowed from bash3r over at Total Ruckus)


Any way. After stopping to fill up The Meepers with some racing fuel, we were on our way. And immediately we his 43 mph on the flats. That was a 1 mph gain than we were riding at before. When we hit a down hill, we hit 44 ish mph. So, cutting off all that access, also cut down on wind resistance.

Next week I am going to flush out my coolant, and install this with some new coolant.
I bought this last fall, and never installed it. Time to get caught up!

Commercial break: (Lunch time out. Must film for work)

Back.

While in the photo studio filming, I can hear "Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump." It started poring out. And me being the tired person I am in the morning, forgot to go back outside after mt pipe cooled down to put my rain cover on. Well I was in the middle of filming, so I couldn't run outside. Plus The Meepers was already soaked at this point. So I finished the shoot and went to go check on him, and I'll be damned, he is almost dry already. It is really humid out sight now, and the ground is steaming as the water is evaporating. Good thing I washed him yesterday.

This all took place in the last 20-30 minutes by the way.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment