Friday, June 12, 2009

TFGIF!

Thank Fucking God It's Friday!

That's right folks, Friday ha found it's way home. And this is a tad of a somber one for me. I am not going to really say why, but if you see me on the town tonight, I will not be.....ummm.... lets just say Human. Right now I still have a belly full of Chinese food, so I feel as though I can drink all of the alcohol in the state and not feel the least but buzzed.

But that is not going to stop me from trying to get the preferable "Fucked Up." I need to make a few stops and and take care of some things. Then home to eat again! Well I hear word it is super humid out, and by time I get home that will hopefully drain me of all life, and the belly of Chinese.

So on my lunch today I was on a mission to find the best cycling backpack. Don't ask me why, I prefer sling bags to backpacks. But I got it in my head I was going to find the best one. And I believe I did! It is in fact the Chrome Bags Warsaw.
This thing is BADASS! It has all the stuff I loved about Chrome and they made it better. Well from what I can see in the pictures. After all I have no first hand knowledge of this product. And for $280, I aint getting any. You can read the specs and see some pictures on Chrome's site here, or check out the Fixed Gear Gallery review of it here. Also a lot more pictures at FGG.

Short of getting a shoulder (my left has been getting a bit bothersome) or back injury and needing a backpack, I am sticking with slings. And I am still in love with my R.E. Load. Though I wish there were more pocket options I could have added. And I wish the strap would brake in already, but I read about people owning them for a year and the strap is still really stiff. I guess that just makes them a little more bombproof.

Back to these here back packs. I also really dig good old R.E. Loads Midpack. It looks pretty gnarly and they just re-designed it to stop it from leaking. I guess they were having an issue where water was coming in through the stitching on the back of the bag. And now that is weighing in at a hefty tag of $250. Check the Midpack out at R.E. Load here, or FGG has a review and shots of it here.

But wait! there are two more worth mentioning. Seagull does not disappoint, as always, and Zugster also delivers what seems to be a really nice product.

We will go with The Gull first. Here is a picture of the Seagull smaller Backpack, the large. They have some nice features to them and so like R.E. Load, they will do custom graphics on your bag. Now this makes an already expensive bag that much more. But then again, you will have it around for years, so you mine as well show off your personality. These bags weigh in at $230 and $260, respectively for size. For pricing and specs from Seagull here you go.

On to the last bag of the day! From Zugster we have their take on the messenger backpack.
Nice and sturdy looking. This here is also pulling in a base price of $230, just like the Seagull Large bag. Check out the specs from Zugster right here! Sorry no real luck looking for a real review f any Zugster products.

For point of reference of what I am rocking now you can look right here!

Any who, all of these bags are made right here in the US of A! and it is kind of an East vs. West kind of deal. R.E. Load being in Philly and Seagull being in OH. And both Chrome and Zugster are in San Fran.

Either way they all look like quality bags. And if my should becomes a terrible problem I myself am going to have to pick one up.


Then me and The Meepers can be riding in comfort AND style!

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment