Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Scranton Based Company!

Well I was looking for Scranton Scooter based clubs and organizations and I came across this little tid bit. This company called Xooter (pronounced "zoo-ter") is a Scranton based company. Though I see they do not actually sell in the Greater Scranton Area. Trophy Bikes in Philly seems to be the closest place to buy. That or I think I saw online with free shipping. Scratching my head I wonder if i can walk to their business and just pick it up? I guess if your so bold you can find out for yourself. But here is their scooter.


They also make a folding bike and some accessories.

Here is the site I found that lead me to this Gem of a company in our own back yard. Where in our yard is it you ask? Well let me use the Google Machine and find out for you.....Flash forward a few minutes.

It is in fact on Rosanna Ave. That is right off of East Market street. Around the corner from Pat McMullens Pub. That means it is by Micky Gannons and the ever allusive Greenridge "The Plot."

So there you have it! We make push scooters and folding bikes in our own back yard! Not to be confused with The Backyard Ale House, which I do not like. I gave it a not so favorable review on Yelp.com. HINT: My name is not Scott and I am not from NY. If the Backyard Ale House was still The Silhouette, then the review would have been better (I am straight, and that bar was ridiculous).

But after all of this, I still did not find any new news on the original topic I was looking for. Which is are there any other scooter clubs in Scranton. I know of two, The Scranton Scooter Guild, and The Scooter Club of NEPA. Well I have my own I would like to start.

If you remember a few Review Monday's back (I know, I need to get on that), I talked about A Little Crafty Custom Embroidery. Well I had a Club Patch made. Because, well, I want to start a scooter club.
East Coast Ruckus (ECR). Yes it is based off of the model of scooter I ride, The Meepers is a Honda Ruckus. But I do not limit to only Ruckus scooters. All Scooters are welcome. As of now I do not have a "web page," meaning I have yet to make a MySpace site. But if you are interested in riding around, or have information on any scooter clubs, other than the two I have listed I would like to know. Knowledge is power, and I want to have more power than you!

What is the blog really about you ask? Well it is a series of side tracks. If you have had a conversation with me, you know that is pretty much ow my brain works. I start in one place and rarely ever finishes there. Well with out a little coaxing from the person listening to me talk about a blue hoodie for an hour (inside joke). But I will tell you this, my search started out for Scooter Clubs, and ended up learning about a local company I never know existed. So I wanted to share that. And as all my conversations go, it took a left turn. And I would also like to thank you for getting me back on track, and not asking me for a lighter. That would have been bad.

So I leave you with this. Enjoy.
That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment