Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life at 40 MPH-TEASER

So I made myself a little camera mount yesterday. After testing it a little bit, I found it to work best as a helmet mount. So I made a teaser video. I recorded my journey home from work yesterday (about 30 minutes of running footage) and forgot to charge the camera up after I took the video from it. So about 8 minutes into my commute to work today it died.

No worries I used the footage to mess around with and make a short teaser. There will be more to come tomorrow, after I get the drive in. One thing got my goat thought. And that was YouTube.

YouTube would not let me use The Flaming Lips as my song of choice. I thought they were on Warner Bro's and WB had a contract with YouTube. Unless I am thinking the other way around, that WB will not let YouTube use their artists.

Any way, I used one of YouTube's songs. And I also posted the video on Vimeo. Vimeo let me use my original song. But without further adieu, here are both videos. Same thing, different music.

First Vimeo, with The Flaming Lips.

Life at 40 MPH from Jeffrey Grant on Vimeo.



Now YouTube, with (Go for a Ride on My) Sinclair C5.



So what do you think?

The video was shot using a Contour HD Helmet Cam. With a mount I made (out of some industrial strength hook and loop cable wraps). I like the camera. I used it for a resent Bryan Anderson shoot. I like the results. A little fish eye look.

So This morning I had to stop at the Eye Doctor again. It almost didn't seem worth it. He thought he gave me drops last week, but he told me he wanted to wait another week and see if there is any improvement, there wasn't. Then he wrote me a script for some $75 drops and made me schedule another appointment for 3 weeks from today. Hopefully that one is longer than 8 minutes so I get my $40 co-pay worth.

But I can't complain. I found out I had a problem with my eyes, hopefully before it was to late. He caught it two weeks ago, I just wish I had two weeks worth of healing done. But once this is fixed I can get zapped with lasers. or so I am told. I did get a free sample of the drops I need to take, but it is only about 4 days worth, and I need to take them for 14 days.

4 times a day for the first week, then 3 times a day after that. Then I have to go back for another check up. But that is after VACATION!

I am not stoked to wear my glasses for 6 months (or less) and especially on vacation. But I got one thing that will be OK. I will be done with the drops before I go! So at least I don't need to take the drops while I am at the shore.

Speaking of the shore, Amy and I want that damn warm weather to come back. At least for 2 more weeks. We are going to the beach in two weeks after all. And do you know what they have at the beach? A god damn ocean to swim in! And we want to swim in that god damn ocean!

If you would be so kind as to comment on YouTube, or Vimeo if you have an account. Or feel free to comment here, you do not need an account to comment on this blog. And I will read it.

That is all, carry on.


No comments:

Post a Comment