Thursday, September 24, 2009

Web Site?

So I pose this question to my faithful readers/ listeners (yes Tim I am talking about you again), should I make a web site for The Meepers? I am thinking about it. It can be a simple home page that will link you to this blog as well as the Tumblr blog, but I would like to make it something bigger. I can make a Word Press blog as well, but lets face it, that is a lot of blogs, a real lot of blogs.

So what do you think? It could be pretty fun, or no one will read it and I will get mad that I spent the money. So will you read it?

Wow I am really tired right now. And I have a pet peeve to bitch about. So I called a few stores today, and guess what, their hours suck. Now I been bitching about bank hours to Amy for months now. But recently it seems that more and more stores are having crappy hours as well.
So the bank is always open 8:30-5. Great same hours I work. Now I know what you are thinking, "Jeff just take The Meepers for a ride and go at lunch." Well I tell you this is not possible/ I have a crappy bank that is only located in Scranton and I work a half an hour away. So that is 1 hour drive time, plus the time spent in the bank. This leaves me with one option, Saturdays. If Amy an I are not setting out for an adventure this is fine, but we like our adventures, so I am force to use MAC machines, and well, I hate them. If I still worked in town, this would be a non-issue (But sadly the best place ever to work is gone).
Number 2: The post office. Amy recently ordered a package from Japan and of course is ships from China. Any way, it come Registered Mail. Who sends registered mail these days? All that shit is normally sent UPS or Fed Ex any more. Well the mail man comes at noonish every day. There is no one home to sign for it. So they leave a note. So I sign the note so it is OK for them to leave the package. What do they do, ignore the fact that I signed the paper and still not deliver my package. So now I have to go to the post office and get it.

Here is what I am talking about. Their hours are 8:30-4! How in the hell am I ever suppose to get my package. I have to take time off from work and not do my job because some over paid government employee who likes to shoot things can not do his job. Well my mom got my package, but come on! What the hell is up with those hours of operation!
Now today I am calling about store hours. This is what I get "We are open 10-5 Monday through Friday." 10-5? Who the hell can get there in those hours? House wife's and the un-employed? And the un-employed should not be shopping, they have no money! So I ask about Saturday hours. "We aren't open on Saturdays until November." Well I don't know about you but I am not waiting until November for a product, especially one that I need way sooner than that. So thanks but no thanks. You are not getting my business.

So I proceed to call another store, one closer to work. They are open until 6 today, to bad I can't make it there today. But they are least are open on Saturdays, but that goes back to Adventure Saturdays! No chance in me making it this weekend. Then I ask about Monday, freaking 5! Again, how is a real person ever suppose to get things done! I can't make it at 5 if I get out of work at 5! Jeepers Creepers!

How are normal people ever suppose to get things done? And small business wonder why people buy things at Walmart and on the Internet. Because they are not able to get to the smaller local businesses.

Now I highly support local business, and I understand that times are tough and cutbacks need to be made, but they are partially to blame for their lack of revenue. If you are not open when the average person can make it to your store, they are not going come there. Now you all, or at least some of you know I worked at Quint's (and some of you may have worked there with me), we were open until 8 Monday-Friday, 10-5 every Saturday and for the last few years open on SUNDAYS! Yup even in the summer when times were hard, we were open. We had regular customers because they could rely on us to be open after they got out of work. If we were not open late, we would never had made any money.

So moral of this confusing rant, don't have terrible hours of operation. Now Monday I am not going to be able to eat lunch because I will be running out on my lunch break. I will be getting stuck in traffic, and using my whole break to travel back and forth. So I may have to take 30 minutes of PTO time just to be able to shop. Oh well, that's life. Me bitching aint going to change it, but they are going to lose my money.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment