Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The On Going Saga.

Well if you remember my rant a week or two ago about Verizon DSL, this is the "To be Continued" part of that story. I didn't know there was going to be a part 2, but they snuck up on me.

Well this story took place 2 days ago. It started by a phone call to my cell phone from an 800 number. So I answer the phone and wouldn't you know they hung up on me. So I call back, and I got a person! Person Number One tells me some information I am looking for, but then tells me some information that I didn't like.

Verizon does not take payments over the phone, they use a third party to do that....and they charge you... and Verizon didn't give me all the information I needed. So I call back and It all begins. This is preceded by the last time I called a woman up-dated my credit card information and asked me for my authorization to charge this past due amount to my card. I said yes. They didn't charge me.

Four hours of endless on hold music, crackly phone service and no one knowing the answer to my question.... How much is my past due bill? My ear hurt so bad I damn near had to sue Verizon for a new ear.

Well I don't want to get into this again, because well it makes me mad all over again. But I will tell you the highlight. Apparently someone got the idea that I needed to call Verizon Wireless to pay my Verizon DSL bill.

So I get transferred, and wouldn't you know, Verizon Wireless has no idea what I am talking about. And well, I didn't either. So The guy I am speaking to decides to figure out what is going on. So he tells me this lady knows what going on and how to help me. Well that was apparently a sell tactic. She wants to offer me a package deal.

Turns out the number she gives me for the package deal are more than I pay separately for DSL and Wireless.

Side bar: 7 months ago I tried 3 times to get a package deal with my DSL, Wireless and Direct TV. After 3 tries, they couldn't do it. I gave up.

Back:

Now she is trying to offer it to me again, and it is more than I pay now by $15-$20 a month. So in true Jeff style, I begin to yell. Basically I told her I do not want her to mess up my wireless service like they messed up my DSL service. I then yell and say as soon as I get this cleared up they are loosing me as a customer.

After this yelling, she can not tell me how much I owe in my past due bill, so I get transferred. Here is where my salvation came. The last man I spoke to tells me "Oh you already took care of this. Your past due bill is $XXX.XX. You asked for that bill to be mailed to you." My response "I asked that guy 3 hours ago if they could mail me the bill and he said I didn't owe anything." His response, "No you owe $XXX.XX an they will mail you that bill, you should have it in a few days." I felt like this.
But I still looked like this:
I could not wait to get out of work to go for a ride on The Meepers to calm down. Then I did, and I felt much better.

Well it is 9:10 p.m. and I have not eaten anything sense noon. Time for a bad for me late dinner.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment