Monday, July 20, 2009

Head Over Heals

That's how I almost arrived to.... well the hospital this morning. Scary and ironic is what it was. I just got done reading this story before I left for work on The Meepers this morning. Go ahead click the link and give it a quick read. I am waiting for you to catch up.

OK if you are Tim, you are listening to the blog. So I'll recap. A 25-year-old man was riding his Ruckus last Friday night at 7:30 p.m. A man in a car did not see him and pulled out in front of him. The man on the Ruckus ran into the back of the car and was thrown from the scooter. He has severe head trauma. He was not wearing a helmet.

See where I am going with this? There are a few differences.
1) I was and always do wear a helmet. This is the reason why.
2) The car did not pull out in front of me.

There was a car and a very large pick-up truck involved this morning. I had just left home so it was at 8:00 a.m. (it is now only 8:42). I was a few blocks from my place, and had just gone through two traffic lights. Right after the second one the car turned left. Now I couldn't even see this car because the truck was so huge (No need for a truck this big). I am guessing the car didn't have his turn signal on, or the drive of the truck was not paying attention. Either way the truck lock his brakes all of a sudden and that left me to do the same. I know this truck couldn't see me because I am pretty small out there on the road (Why I still wear my bright yellow helmet.) and this truck was both wide and high (lift kit). I had a good distance between us. But well the brakes on a Rucks are, not so good.

REVIEW MONDAY!

Honda Ruckus stock brakes. They suck!

END REVIEW MONDAY!

All I Could think about was Bobby flying over his bars, and me doing the same thing. But I would not have gone very far. I see two options. I would have either slammed into the tailgate of the truck, or ended up in the bed. I guess there is an option 3, under the truck.

I immediately pictured my bloody pulp of a body grabbing my cell phone to call Amy. That was my first thought. Figure it out, I have.

But in the end all I had to do was send a text telling her I almost died, and to remind her to drop off a resume.

So if you still haven't figured it out by now, I didn't die or get into an accident, but it was a narrow miss. I had to Fred Flintstone that shit.
But The Meepers and I came out un-scaved. And I am eating a scone. I like them. They are yummy, and this one is still pretty fresh.

The Price Chopper in Dunmore is so good. The one on Monroe Ave. is close, but pretty much shit. Baked good are always stale.

So now I just ate my lunch. It was great! I have a team of great chefs preparing my food for me. Amy and some guy named Chef Jeff.

We bought some "Chinese Sausage" last night. We had never heard of it before, so we said "OK" and bought it. It was only $5. We then decided to make if for dinner. So while I was cleaning the day of being a lazy slob off my body, Amy was doing some chopping and stir-frying. It was GREAT! The sausage is very sweat. I do recommend it. It is also super red. From the descriptions of the sausage, ours did not include liver. The stuff we bought was very dark red.

I also cut up a bunch of fresh veggies and made some great salad. We bought some "fancy" dressing, that were on sale. And they were also great! I am so full from lunch. All I want to do right now is take a nap. And hopefully the dreams I would have, would not be filled with scooter accidents. But rather zombies!

I have been dreaming a lot about zombies. Not sure why, but they are freaking me out. One such dream involved me yelling that I had to go back for The Meepers. In my dream, Amy agreed that it was a good idea to go back and get him. Then the alarm went off, and I woke up. The ending is ruined! I can only hope to have that dream again.

After telling The Meepers about my dream, he agreed the I had made the right decision. And he dubbed the dream:

I leave you with that. I have an over whelming sense of sleep now. It could be the great lunch or the fear that if I don't finish the tale of Zombies and Meepers saving, the story will fall to the way side.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment