Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Want to Grow Old With You.



The great Adam Sandler said it best. But he neglected some facts. Yes I would like to grown old with someone, and yes I have found that someone. But I don't want to grow old with her.

I don't want to grown old at all, and I don't want her to grow old either. As I get more days under my belt and more work experience, I feel a new form of gowning pains. Any they are the pains of keeping my eyes open. It is a hard fight, and a losing battle for me.

It seems almost like a light switch flick off in my head at 10:30. My eyes, the lights to the inside of my body, seem to want to go out or close. It is never ending war that wadges on day after day. I get home from a long day at the office and need to unwind and relax. Some days are better than others, more energy, feel like I can chase down a caribou. Others I just want to crawl under my bed and sleep for days. Yes under my bed, you won't find me to wake me, if you can't find me to begin with. Dang! I just ruined it all.

"Back in the day," yes I went there. OK, back in the Quint's days, a friend of mine had an uncle he called uncle weekend. Now I am sure you can figure out where is nickname came from, but lately i find myself "Working for the weekends." But for a whole other reason. OK and to drink copious amounts of alcohol. But mostly so I can sleep in. And to me sleeping in is until 8 a.m.

Yes, if i can sleep until 8, I can win the daily battle and be up until at least midnight. Imagine what happens if I sleep until 9! But anything over that and I am back to where I am if I get up at 6:30 a.m.

I think you a can kind of see where I am going with the sleeping in and working for the weekend thing. I want to sleep in every day and everyday be the weekend! OK, OK, that's not it.

I want to find that damn fountain of youth! So I can go back to the days of getting 4 hours of sleep being able to go to class, do my work, and drink all night long, and do it all again. But I am selfish and want to have the knowledge I have now, and the comforts I have now.

Like driving around on The Meepers, having the girl I want to spend my eternal youth with, and knowing that drinking 1/5 of Vodka and a lot of rum is a bad idea.

Now is all of that to much to ask? I didn't think so. So next weekend I plan to sleep until 9, and head out on The Meepers in search for my dreams. Hey people took off with less and found their fortunes, why can't I find mine? I am not even looking for gold here, just some water to drink.


Moving on... Guess what? I went and got a raise! OK, so it is my yearly raise and not much more., but it is still a raise. Now I am going to get The Meepers plated in gold! and then powder coated red to protect the gold.

He seems to like that idea. Here is the rendering I showed him. This depicts the final product, post gold plating and red powder coating.
Looks good right? He dug it, and it got the coveted Meepers Seal of Approval.
We also have some more work planed. Most will go under the proverbial hood. So that would be his battery box and inside the swing arm in Meepers case. We are going to buy a new CDI with a higher rev limiter, a new variator, and some roller weights, and possibly a Kevlar belt. The stock belt is still fine and Kevlar wont really make much of a difference. I already have some blue clutch spring to install with the rest. But the biggest thing, and this will come last. A new pipe! Finally! I have been wanting to put one on for a while. But I need to get some other things done first. Oh and I need to save up some cash.


On a final note, watch out for this man. I hear he has spent far to many hours of his life on the phone getting bounced around from India to America.
That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment