Monday, November 30, 2009

Well now...

I have had a hell of a week. Amy and I went looking for an apartment down in the Lehigh Valley and found a pretty nice place. Would you like to know where?

The town is called Weissport. Here are some stats on the town:

"According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.4 km²), of which, 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (18.75%) is water.

The town was a central hub during the Lehigh Coal and Navigation Canal era. The town served as the only boat building and repair facility along the Lehigh Canal. Today, the Lehigh Canal Park is a gem of nature and history for residents and visitors alike. The town is one of the cultural and historic resources along the Delaware and Lehigh National Heritage Corridor.

Weissport is 2 miles northwest of Parryville and 1 mile southeast of Lehighton.

Weissport's elevation is 630 feet."

There is a little more about the town if you would like to click this blue text right here. The apartment building is what seems to be an old turn of the century hotel. And it sure looks that way.....but in a good way. The apartment is pretty bad ass. The only downside to the place is, it is that it is electric heat. so that is going to cost us a few extra pennies. But the rest of the utilities are included, so it should cost us about the same as it does to live here in Scranton.

The plus side is that there seems to be more job opportunities here for me. And we are a lot closer to the city. So Philly, look out! Amy and I are back in town (sort of). The game plan is to look for jobs in the city as well as in Portland. If we can get jobs inside the city we either want to buy a condo in the city, or a house right outside in the burbs. Either way, I am stoked to live there.

I was watching National Treasure a few weeks ago, and now I want to go to Philly in the summer to enjoy a nice day at some of the historic places, and then drink some really good beers.

Speaking of really good beers, We will be a little closer to one of my two all time favorite breweries. Troges! And I do think a visit to the brewery is a top priority once we move and get settled.

So now, where do I go from here. I make a few calls and get some things squared away. Then I call all of my utilities and get them transferred, or shut off. I am a little afraid to call my landlord and tell him I am moving because we did not get a lease to sign on the new place. The lady who runs the building is sweet and I do not see a problem, but I do not want to be homeless either. I also need to check on the Direct TV situation. I would really like to be able to have direct TV and not have to set up ab account with the local cable company. But then again I may get a nice package deal. I guess I could look into that now.

OK, I seem to be rambling on about nonsense. So I will go ahead and end this rant now.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment