Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Revenge of the 80's!

Well I know I have not been up to par on my blogging lately. But I do have a good reason, I have been very busy with work. Quick lunches and staying late. Sense I normally write my blogs on my lunch break , and I have been eating, NAY! Gobbling my food down in a hurry I have not had time to fill your hearts and minds with the wonders of my world. And you know how interesting my mind can be. Hell it surprises me every day.

So last week, before all hell broke loose and shit hit the preventable fan, I was browsing Ebay on lunch for Cafe Racer Jackets. My ECR jacket is in poor shape (even though I got it a year ago. The seller lied about the quality of the jacket), and I came across a few that were OK, but pricey.

For some reason Cafe Racer Jackets have sky rocketed in price in the past few years and for the most part, the price has not come down (even in this shitty economy). I use to get them for $30 shipped, and my awesome blue jacket was like $65 shipped. Now the blue jacket will sell for well over $200 (probably over $300), my brown one will sell for $150-$200 and my black one, even with the patch removed an the holes on the back visible, would sell for $100. Crazy I know!

OK, back on track. After I bookmarked a few auctions I came across one that blew my flipping mind! In fact, I am going to go find it now and see if it sold and for what price. Hold on. OK, I'm back.

11 days left, buy it now option for $129.95 w/$12.95 shipping. Now if you do not like to click links, here are the images of this master piece with description.

Hello and Welcome!

DESIGNER: Biker Leathers By Wolff Canada
FEATURES: Leather jacket with Zipper front closure, Two zippered hip pockets, One deep zippered inside pocket, Snap chin strap, Padded Shoulders and elbows, Velcro closure at waist, quilted lining.
FABRIC: Leather
Color: Red, Black, White
CONDITION: Pre-owned in Excellent Used Condition
SIZE: 42
MEASUREMENTS (approx): (taken on the outside)
Chest...46" (underarm to underarm)
Waist...38"
Length...28" (from under collar)
Sleeve Length...37"(collar center to cuff)

All I can say is WOW. That is a little out of hand. Now if you did not know, and I am sure you did not most of these jackets are sold out of Canada. Why you ask? I do not know. But almost all of them I have purchased or bid on came from Canada. I think only my current ECR jacket came from the states.


I think we need to take a second and absorb this "Thing" before us. I use "Thing" because it is more than a jacket. Hell it is more than words can explain. We will just say it "Just is." Yup, that seems to encompass all that this "Thing" has to offer.

Moving on to my over use of (Parentheses). If you have ever had a face to face conversation with me, I think you can understand why I use them a lot. If not, allow me to explain.

I have a bit of a wondering mind. When I get into a conversation I tend to get side tracked and go off on a different story or topic. So I use the parentheses to insert these side bars in. It is easier for me to stay on track with text because I have a backspace key. So my side bars are much shorter that they would be in a face to face. Come on now, do you want these blogs to get even more confusing then they already are? Because that is what you will be in for. Challenge me to a conversation and you will see.

One more thing, then I will dismiss you. Today driving in to work, The Meepers and I were almost turned into dead people. Some lady was backing out of her driveway. She had a blind spot, and I saw here car was in reverse. So I let off my throttle and gently hit the brakes. I was slowing down, but I was not getting ready to stop. Then she did something I did not expect. Instead of creeping out like very other person in the world would do when they can not see, she fell short. She literally gunned it. went right out and didn't even cut the wheel, straight back into the other lane. So I jacked my brakes, laid on the horn and yell as loud as I could (and you know how loud that could be). She slammed her brakes and put her car into drive and pulled back into her driveway.

I swerved around to avoid getting dead, luck for me there was no car in the on coming lane. Un-lucky for me there was a car right behind me. That means that had I ran into the lady backing out, the car behind me would have run into me. Not good. But we escaped.....narrowly. I was filming, but I was filming behind me. So by time she is on screen, she is back in her drive way. My clear head thought, "If you can't see backing out, why not back in then pull out?" It is much safer for everyone in the world.

OK, I am done for now.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment