Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blog IDEA!

So I am sitting here trying to think about a blog idea. And well, I don't have one. So I figure I'll just start typing and see what happens. And I think I have an IDEA!

So last night Amy and I were watching Dirty Jobs. As I turned on the Discovery Channel, Mike Rowe was turning his head. And I caught a glimpse of of something and yelled out "Contour HD!" Of course Amy looked at me like I was on drugs, but a few minutes later I found out I was right and I explained my outburst to her. This is what I am talking about..
You may not know this, but this is the same camera that The Meepers and I choose to make or videos with. You can view them by clicking this blue text here, or check out our newest video below.



Yes, I am being a post whore with my videos. Can you blame me? I mean, they are amazing after all.

Speaking of this video, I have gotten two compliments on the bag I am wearing in the video. You can see it on the few shots of me. The two people thought it was a Chrome bag. I guess Chrome is so popular these days that they are the new standard for messenger bags. I hope they do not go the route of Timbuk2 did (The last huge explosion and major brand name in mess bags). Timbuk2 got so popular they had to outsource to other counties. They all use to be made in-house in SF, now most are made over seas, and the bags can be had cheap and at many online retailers.

Though the quality is still good, I feel the brand is tarnished from their outsourcing. This outsourcing also lead to a lack in innovation, which is why I believe Chrome, as well as many other brands are now leading this industry. And yes, it is now an industry. There are far to many manufacturers now, and bag suppliers for it to me a niche market.

Where Chrome took a look at what makes a bag better and improved, Timbuk2 just went with old reliable. They work great for every day life such as the office or campus. But for a bike, scooter or any two wheel commuter they fail. They are still a standard "Box" design and the strap is not conducive to a riding position. The bag tends to roll up under itself and bunch up on your back, not comfy at all. And the edges of the bag, once broken in, bow out, allowing water and elements to enter the bag.

Chrome, R.E. Load, Seagull, PAC, Blaq..... the list goes on and on, have all taken a look at these issues an came out with some amazing products!

Any way, the bag in the video is not a Chrome bag, it is in fact a R.E. Load bag. The Deluxe Currier to be specific. Great bag, but it has it's downfalls. The major one being the strap. All though it is super heavy duty and will last for ever, or at least until 2012 (or longer if I can get into Balloon Boy's fathers underground bunker), it lacks on the go adjustability. I know I covered all of this in my review of my bags page, but I hadn't had a chance to really get down and dirt with the R.E. Load at that point. So there you have it, the strap rules! And it sucks! It could also use a little more padding on he shoulder strap.

With Chrome becoming a house hold name, I have been looking into Cycling backpacks, and I keep coming back to Chrome. They make the most amazing bag, and I have covered this ground here before, the Warsaw. Great looking bag, very versatile, but also very large. For the working messenger, that is great, for me and The Meepers, not so great. Good thing they are making the Kirov! To bad it is not out yet, or sold out immediately, because I have been scoping that bag for a while, and it always says "Sold Out." I read a review, and it lacks the laptop sleeve of the Warsaw, but it does not mention the pockets. Thought the lap top sleeve would be great, it is not necessary, where all those beautiful pockets are. I guess only time will tell, or Chrome will tell me. I emailed them.

Well while I was typing this here blog post I got an email back from Chrome. The Kirov is not out until December. This gives me time to count my pennies, come to think of it, I think I will save my change and see how much I can save by the end of the year, and use that to buy a bag. The email went on to tell me that the bag will be exactly like the Warsaw, just smaller! Perfect! That is what I am looking for. I did email them one more time. I mentioned the review in Wired and how they said there was no lap top sleeve. So I went a head and asked if there will be a sleeve in the production version of this bag. Now I wait for their reply.

OK next on my radar today is this here picture!
My hair is creepy and long and I kind of wish I didn't cut it. But short hair is so much easier. And easier is what I am looking for in the morning. Especially sense it is now dark when I wake up and I feel like I am getting up in the middle of the night. My brain does not work right away. In fact sometimes I get a little wobbly walking down the hallway. In retrospect it is funny. When it is happening it pisses me off. I feel like I am drunk, without the fun part of drinking the beer.

Anyway, that is a great picture of me. Nice and creepy.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment