Friday, August 21, 2009

Revenge!

So I think my eyes are seeking revenge upon me. I went to a Lasik seminar last night, if you recall reading about. It freaked me out a bit, but I am still gunho and ready to get zapped by lasers.
But something may not be right.

So after the seminar they have a Q and A with the doctor who preformed the procedure while we watched and the person (a woman in this case) who was operated on. This is fallowed by a break out session. We were all called in and put in individual rooms, so speak to the doctor privately. So I got lucky (or so I thought) and got to speak to the doctor first.

After a few minutes of talking to me, telling me I am a prime candidate for the surgery he ask if I have anymore questions, so I say, I had an ulcer on my eye a month or two ago. He looks at me with a looked I did not want to see. Then he grabs the "Look into your eyes" thing. He tells me I have some cornail damage because I wear my contacts to much. The tone he used was not good.

So he tells me he wants to see me next week to look at my eyes. He said that my contacts ( was wearing them at the time, not right now), may hide some problems. So he got me a little worked up and scared. But Amy told me it will be all OK, and I trust her. But I keep running things over in my head.

Things like, I will not be able to get the surgery, or I will never be able to wear contacts again. He asked me a few questions like, "Do your eyes get red," "Is there any stinging or burning," or "is it blurry or cloudy in my left eye (The one I have had problems with)?"

So now, of course my left eye feels like it has a constant sting and feels warm and swollen. Of course when I look in a mirror it is not swollen at all, and not red at all. And my left eye is more blurry than the right. And after freaking out about that I realized something, my left eye is worse than my right eye. Worse by almost a point (3/4 to be exact) and to to top that off my glasses are really old. I haven't gotten new lenses in years. Can you tell why? I have been wearing my contacts all the time.

And this is my downfall. My lenses are old, so I can't see as well with them so in turn I wear my contacts more. In addition, my contacts are more comfortable to wear, I have peripheral vision, and I can wear sunglasses easily.

OK, I am rambling on, and getting myself worked up more. I scheduled an appointment to see the eye doctor Tuesday morning. So I am hoping he tells me I did a number on my eyes, and makes me use some crazy drops for a month or two then lets me get the Lasik or possibly the Lasak. The later is older. hurts more and takes longer to heal, but does the same thing minus cutting into my eye. If I got the gist of it right last night, it "burns" the top of my eye, then heals back. So if that is what it does, I am hoping any damage will heal fine after it is "burned" off.

Moving on. I found this today:


Then I went ahead and made this:


That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment