Friday, August 28, 2009

My Brain is Mush!

Really it is. It feels like mush right now. I didn't drink to much last night, but my back was hurting pretty bad. It feels better now, Amy put a heat pad/sticker thing on me last night and that helped a lot. But I did wake up in the middle of the night and feel something on my back and get freaked out. I think you can see where this is going.

I forgot that it was there and felt it on my back. I know I was up for a while after words trying to fall back to sleep, s I think that is it! That is why my brain is mush! I did not get adequate sleep last night.

I also had a great idea for today's blog last night, but I forgot it. So I will tell you a story instead. A story of a man on a mission, a story of a man with 1700+beers on his list.

I met a man last night. He sat next to me at the bar. At first I didn't pay any attention to him. But then Amy looked over and saw him pull a STACK of Beer Club cards out of a plastic bag. She gave me the "look over there" look. And I turned to see this master work. Turns out his girl friends cards were mixed in with his so they didn't get lost, but there were still enough cards to have 1,700+ beers written on them.

So we got to talking. He he was an interesting fellow. He had been doing the "Beer Club" sense '92. That was back when it was an accentual club. Now anyone can do it. You just ask for a card and start drinking. "Back in the day" it was a club that met at Coopers and drank every week. Waz and I started our own Thursday night club, that Morgan has sense taken Waz's place (Waz still comes out but he stopped coming every Thursday a long time ago). I was going with Amy for a bit, then Morgan and Liz began to come out. Now we do our "Club" every other Thursday.

Back on topic. I was talking to my new bar friend and he was telling me about some good beers. Giving me a little bit of is beer knowledge, and asking my opinions on some different beers. So after a spell of talking to him he posed a good question on me. "What is the style of beer you don't like?"

I thought about the question for a minute then said "There is no type of beer I do not like all together." There is always a beer out there that tastes good if not great in every style of beer I have consumed in my days. There is always a redeeming factor. I did say I tend to shy away from Barely Wines, and I use to stay away from hoppy beers. But now I am digging the the hops. My favorites are dark beers. I love Porters and Stouts.

Liking the heavier beers, in my book at least, is the exact opposite of hoppy beers. But now I am starting to dig them to.

Any-who, J Sly and Mr. Risk made an appearance last night at the Coopers. So we did a little bit of he bull shitting. J Sly commented on the length of my hair. There is a lot of length to my hair right now. I pulled it back into a pony tail because my midget cousin kept calling me Eddy Vedor. And you may or may not know this, I hate Perljam.

I will leave you with these two videos. Tim found then on "Best of Youtube."

This video is AMAZING! They did such a great job making it.


And this took 1500 hours to make. That averages out ot about 180 days, if they worked for 8 hours a day.



That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment