Friday, August 7, 2009

Fucking Piece of Shit Car!

So today on my way into work I had the radio on, and you all know why I had the radio on. Because I was driving my car and not The Meepers, who does run (not well, but works) by the way. And I am listening to Rock 107 waiting for Chip the Beer Guy to come one. And I heard the BEST commercial.

It was for Gibbons Toyota of Scranton. The whole ad basically sucks accept for the last line. One woman is driving around a POS car, and "can't find" the model of Toyota she is looking for. Her friend tells here to go to Toyota of Scranton because they have, bla bla bla bla bla. But the last line she yells "Hunny, get in this piece of shit car!"

The bleeped out "shit" of course, but none the less, they implied the word. I didn't know we were edgy enough around here to curse in commercials for car dealerships. I guess we are trail blazin' here. Creating new territory. Now where did I put my coon skin cap and bowie knife?

Just keep me away from Donner Pass, and keep a healthy supply of trail mix with pineapples on hand. I really like the kind with nuts and pineapples. I mean who doesn't like pineapples?

Any way, tomorrow starts ADVENTURE WEEKENDS! We are going to Long Island. Well OK, it has two reasons. Amy and I are going to pick up the heart transplant for The Meepers, and we are going to the beach. We are both pretty stoked to be heading to the beach. We haven't been to the shore sense last summer when we went to Florida. The beach in Naples is nice and all, but it is to calm. I hear it isn't very rough on LI, but it should be better than being in the Gulf.

So we will start our trek tomorrow around 7-7:30 a.m. Very early, but I don't want to be sitting in traffic all day long. I was told it shouldn't be to bad heading in on a Saturday. Not looking forward to the tolls, but that is what EZ Pass is for. I am also not looking forward to the waking up part. I am playing one song with The Invisible Swordsmen tonight. I just hope they don't save it until their lat set. Because, well I am not staying out late to night.

I have to drive for 6 hours tomorrow! You wouldn't be out late either. But today was a but of a hassle to wake for as well. I only had a few drinks last night, but I was pretty groggy when I got up. Actually Amy and I both were. I can't speak for her, but I feel fine now, but I was still crazy this morning.

I am defiantly loosing my tolerance to the alcohol. Not necessarily a bad thing, but in a way it is. I still think I can drink the way I use to, so I end up pretty hung over in the morning. On the other hand, I get drunk faster, and SOME TIMES I stop drinking. Then I spend less money. And I don't go out as much any more so I am saving money that way.

But I do keep liquor in the house. So I have a cocktail from time to time. A nice Gin and Tonic with dinner is delicious. Speaking of food, I got free lunch today.

That marked the second time this summer work has had an employee appreciation day and served us lunch. We got lucky. Both days it was nice outside. Well the first one it was kind of over cast, but the air was the right temp and there was a little cooling breeze. Today the sun was shining. However, there were no hamburgers this time. They served us BBQ chicken.

Now you may know that I love chicken. That I could eat chicken every day and be happy. But this chicken confused me. I still ate it, well kind of, but I really wasn't sure what to do with it. In fact, I am still not sure it was real chicken. Not to say the hamburgers last time were great, they where Mmmyaaa, at best. But at least they looked like foor.

But the hot dogs were good. It is really hard to screw up a dog. I know you are thinking, it is hard to screw up a burger to. But there you would be wrong. You can toss a dog in the microwave, in boiling water, on the grill, or hell eat it cold (they are already cooked you know). But a burger, nope. one way to cook them, on a grill. I don't care if you have a little George Foreman grill (I have one), you have to cook them on a grill. And you can not, I repeat, CANNOT let them soak in some sort of BBQ sauce.

You can marinate them before you cook, and then add some more after they are done. But the marinade should have some consistency to it. It cannot be pure liquid. Can you see what I am getting at. The burgers were floating in some sort of liquid BBQ sauce. It looked more like red water. But still looked more like food than this chicken today. But I ate both of them.

OK. What to talk about now? Well to be honest I don't know. I am tapped out. So I will leave you with funny words for ODO to read. Brought to you by, the things that pop up in a Google search when you type in half a sentence. Today's half sentence will be "Why can't I....."

Why can't I lyrics.
Why can't I lose weight.
Why can't I get pregnant.
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you lyrics.
And the best one of the day......
Why can't I own a Canadian.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment