Monday, August 3, 2009

Oh Shit!

I messed something up on The Meepers. I have a few ideas on what is wrong, but I am a little nervous about it. I lost 5 mph on my speed. On a machine that only goes 42 mph to begin with, losing 5 is a really big deal.

The longer I sit here at work, the more nervous I get. I can't even really eat my lunch today.

Here is what I did. Amy and I went down to the street level of our apartments back door and hing out for about 2 hours while I worked on The Meepers and she read a book.

Well I bought a new variator, new drive belt, clutch springs and tail light with integrated blinkers. So after 2 hours I got everything installed and "working." Well I thought I was hearing a noise from the new parts so I got nervous and parked the bike for the night. We had things to do, so I couldn't start tinkering more on Saturday.

Sunday after noon, I managed to take out the aftermarket variator and drive belt, but left in the clutch springs. But it was miserable and raining, so I couldn't take The Meepers out for a proper test ride, but all seem fine.

This morning I was on my way to work and I could not get above 35 mph. I drove home and parked The Meepers so I didn't cause any damage. On my way to work I thought I figured out the problem, but was later told, that is mot likely not it. But I still think that could be it. The other suggestion is a washer that I thought I seated properly, but I may not have.

That washer I was told will take away from my top end speed if not properly seated. So I sit here very nervous that I ruined The Meepers. All I want to do is head home and fix him. But I have a high priority project that must be done today. So I am here not eating my lunch.

Here is a video of the cool tail light though. Oh, and two pictures I took after I got it installed and working.



That is all I got for today. So dirty words then the end.

Why don't you go outside and go fuck yourself.

In fucking credible.

Come here you fuck ear.

Fuck in a hand basket.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment