Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's Almost here!


Vacation. Amy and I booked a short little vacation for next month. And I'll tell you it can't come soon enough. I love going to the shore. And we thought we were only going to be able to go for another day trip. But we decided last night to go for 4 days and 3 nights. Nothing super special. Just Wildwood NJ. We just need to get out of Dodge for a few days and relax.

Amy found it on line. Place looks pretty nice. Whole thing is 50's style. It is called StarLux Boutique Hotel and Meeting Place. A block from the beach. We booked a deluxe trailer. There are only 2 photos of them on their web site, but the lady described them to me on the phone last night, and they sound pretty RAD. I really can't wait.

It will be in September, so fingers crossed, we hope it will still be nice and warm. Even if we get one day in the water that is enough. The boardwalk is great there, and I haven't been there in about 10-12 years. So this should be all new to me again. Buy some silly souvenirs, and spend to much money on food. Put a beer or two in my belly, along with some boardwalk fries. And of course, a few days with my lady and no work. What else does a man need.

I haven't told The Meepers yet, so keep it on the DL. He will be staying at my parents house while we are gone. They will take good care of him. Keep the rain and sun off his brow.

Things I hope to see in Wildwood.

Drunks getting arrested
Boardwalk fries
Monster Trucks on the beach
Really big slices of pizza
Homeless men begging for money, but wearing better close than me because they are from NJ
An awesome and long boardwalk
Beat red girls because they thought they could lay in the sun all day and not use sunscreen
A beach without syringes
Little kids surrounded by seagulls trying to eat their ice cream

Things I hope not to see while in Wildwood.

Me being drunk and getting arrested
No boardwalk fries anywhere
A sign reading "No Monster Trucks on the beach"
Tiny over prices slices of pizza
Me running out of money and begging like a homeless man
The boardwalk being shut down for "Maintenance"
Amy and I beat red because we were in the sun without sunscreen
The beach full of syringes
Seagulls attacking me for my ice cream.

So if you are looking for Amy, myself or The Meepers on or around September 13-16, we will be kickin' back

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment