Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yup, I miffed up bad.

It seems I messed up the part that people say "If you mess this up, you're fucked." So guess what, I'm fucked. I found the part online that I messed up, but who knows if it is in stock and how long it will take to get it. And it seems the dealership is not open yet.

I am blocked from message boards at work now, which sucks, because today I really needed to check out a post about an engine for $200. If I can't get the parts to fix The Meepers, I will have to buy a whole new engine. That will actually be cheaper. I just need someone with a little bit of knowledge to help me put it on, and pull the old engine.

Enter the Pep Boys kids, JT or my cousin. I think between them, Amy myself and the mechanics manual, I can get The Meepers up and running. But now I have to wait until I get home to check out that engine. I just hope, I don't have to buy a whole new scooter. I could sell The Meepers for $1000, but then I lose him and his spirit.

I am nervous as hell. I woke up at like 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. My poor Meepers.

Well we got out access back at work and i used the better part of my lunch break to read up. turns out, if my crank shaft is ruined, I can't change it without special tools, changing all the gaskets, and a lot of ruckus knowledge I do not have. So now I am stuck looking for new motors. I found a few and received 2 replies. one is a bit pricey and in San Fransisco, but it comes with a $200 wheel. But that will make shipping more money. There is one in Long Island for $200, but I have to go there to get it. Not looking forward to that drive. One guy has 2 in North Jersey, probably the closest and easiest place to get to, but no reply from him yet. hopefully later today. and one is close to the miles on The Meepers. The one in Long Island I am told only has 77 miles on it though.

So that would be nice to break in a new engine and have pretty much a fresh start on life. But that is still taking the heart and soul out of The Meepers. But he will still be my Meepers. Amy knows I will spend the time and money to get him back on his feet. Hell next to her and the pupster, The Meepers is my baby.

So Meeprs, you will be fixed. Hopefully sooner, rather than later. There is still a lot of riding time left this year. It aint November yet.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment