Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Life!

Well on Sunday The Meepers will be breathing a new life. Amy and I are going to Long Island this Saturday. We will be stopping at BRAHDahOOd's house to pick up an essentially brand new engine. I am hoping it has everything I need on it, like carb, pipe radiator and what not already attached, so there is less for me to screw up when putting it back together. Basically I am hoping I don't get there and see this(not an image of the engine I am buying. That one has the stock air box removed (see that red and black filter), but it still has the carburetor on it. Not a bad looking project really, but the less I have to do, the better off The Meepers will be). But I will have some help. So if it does, we will get it all attached.

I did find 2 motors in New Jersey, that have everything attached, the only thing I need is my ECM and wiring harness. They look something like this. I did ask BRAHDahOOd what parts I would need from my bike and he said nothing really, just unbolt and re-bolt. Either way, I am about to learn some mechanics!

My cousin Mike is going to help me, and Frank said he will give me a hand to. If I have to pull the whole thing apart, so be it. But I am hopping I don't have to. Less work, and less things for me to put back together wrong. If not, I at least hope it has a drive face at least. Mine is stuck on The Meepers right now, so I would have to wait longer to get a new one to ride him.

But that aint all! While we are making this trek to the Island of Long, we are going to hit up Jones Beach. But if the weather is shitty, we are going to go to The Bronx Zoo. Either way we will have an adventure! I just hope I can get to LI in less than 3 hours.

Now that Amy gets Saturdays off, we hope to take lots of nice day trips. Go on adventures, and fight the forces of evil! Or at least the strange noises that are coming out of my belly. I guess eating those shrimp was a bad idea. This Saturday, Long Island, next Saturday, the world! Or I brought up Bucks County. There are other options as well. We could always just got to the pool at the park. Amy does like water slides.

Getting back to Long Island, I have only been there one time. And you may know, so far the only place I get really bad anxiety driving is in New York. Well mostly Manhattan to be fair. Brooklyn isn't to bad, and I think once I get to Long Island I will be OK. But the getting there part is what scares me.

Funny words of the day. Well I only really have one word, but it will be read several times in a row.

Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener Wiener

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment