Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Meepers goes Big Time!


I went ahead and took the plunge! With the help of Tim, buying me a gift card to www.godaddy.com, I bought a domain name and some web space. The space is being set up and I will begin construction on the site this weekend and next week! But in the mean time if you go to www.themeepers.net, you will be redirected right back here.

I know sounds more professional. Why not www.themeepers.com you ask? Because someone already took it! I can pre-order it now, but it cost a few pennies more, and by that I mean double! It's only $20, but I aint going to forget the name the meepers, and i can't own the .com for 2 more years. If i get into building this site hardcore, you can bet I will buy the rights to the domain when it expires.

So what is the next step? Well Podcasts are the next step. I am not going to give up on this blog, although I will most likely move it over to my new space, or create a sub-domain that will link you here. The point of that is, this RSS feed is already set up with my Tumblr blog, and that already shares this blog with Facebook, Twitter and Word Press.

So that set up is already pretty good. Got to network the free social networking sights! No sense in using up paid bandwidth, when I can get some for free!

So what do you think of that logo? I did it in real fast. It is only a mock-up, but comments are appreciated. Also suggestions on what to do with the site would be cool. What would you like to see, read or hear.

Moving on.

I would like to share a link that Mr. Risk sent me yesterday. If the link does not load properly, and you will know if it didn't just refresh the page. And now I give you this rather large URL to click on. Don't let the size scare you, you will like the tidings it brings.
http://www.youtubedoubler.com?video1=http://www.youtube.com/v/HsF_2CNV9v4&start1=3&video2=http://www.youtube.com/v/06CvUjLgK5g&start2=0

Yes it was this goat!
And yes this goat does sound like a man! If you have never seen that before and wish to view it alone and not as part of an amazing music mash up, you may click this blue text.

I like to share. And that is what The Meepers DOT Net will be! Sharing!

One more thing I just remembered, and allow m a short rant here. There was word that my 500 plaque was at Coopers under close guard to keep it safe from harm. Well a week ago this very night I attended a celebration of you will. A weekly celebration of life and love for beer. What do I see when I entered the doors of the blessed Mead Hall? New 500 plaques on the wall. None of which bore my name! Saddened by this sight, I buried myself into a tasty beer, and wallowed in the fact that I am moving away soon and will not be living 5 blocks from one of the best Mead Halls in existence.

What does that mean? It means two weeks from now, is moving day and I will no be around very much. So I will in turn not be able to see my plaque before I go. I will have to male plans with one of the Grant Clan to take a photo and send it to me when and IF it ever makes it to the walls. It was three and a half years in the making, I would like to see something for all the time and effort I put into drinking beer! Every one needs a goal right?

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment