Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Time to Hesitate is Through!

I think Lucas (Rory Cochrane) from Empire Records said it best. "Damn the man!"

While I don't know which man I am Damning, nor do i really know what that entails, I am struck by this fraze. It rings in my head very often. Well the rest of it is always being yelled by the voices in my head. That would be "Damn the man! Save the Empire!"

So to make this clear, I will not be Damning any Man. But I do like this movie. I can relate to the tails and woes told in this heart felt youth comedy. It kind of reads like a Docudrama to my earlier years (and I am speaking of just a few years ago. Seeing how I have not hit 30 just yet). Well all except for the part with it taking place in New Jersey.
I am sure you know how I feel about Jersey. And if you don't, to put it simply, I don't like it.

This movie also made me want to buy a scooter for the first time. When Debra


rides up on he Vespa, I was hooked. I wanted a scooter. An I wanted one bad! So I went on a search. I found the Honda Elite 80. And I started searching for them used. Now the movie came out in '95, but i probably didn't see it until 96-97, so I was 16 or 17 years old at this point. I found out I needed a MC license in the state of PA. But I was not deterred! I then saw a man driving one around my town. I was hooked.

But price was an option. At that point I was working at the Army/Navy, and in the summers at the Stadium. But I had a girlfriend who liked to spend all my money on Hanson shit and McDonald's. So I had to wait.....YEARS! but now I am in love.

Now I ride around on my beloved Honda Ruckus, Damning the man at every chance I get. Mostly I don't even know I am Damning anyone. But with my rebel yell, and mis-matched helmet, I think I damn more people than I mean to.

Just hope you are not next to be Damned! What ever that means.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment