Monday, May 11, 2009

IT'S ANOTHER REVIEW MONDAY!

Well I was putting some thought into this, and by that I mean as I was typing the URL I realized it was Review Monday. So I am going to do a review/why I think this one is better than it's close counterpart.
The good
Vs.
The Evil!
Now, if you have seen me drinking an Arizona Ice Tea, you know I hate the Arny Palm version. NutraSweet is BAD! It makes the tea taste like shit! I will not drink this abomination of a delicious drink!

OK, the good. It is super refreshing. You ever crave a nice cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day? You get a glass and it is to tart to drink? Sad face. Inversely, did you ever crave a nice cold glass of Ice-Tea on a hot summer day? You get some and it just has no flavor! That tans my taint I'll tell you!

insert Infomercial VO here.

"Well now you can have the best of both world!" Keep VO going. "With the proper AZ Half and Half, you get a delicious taste of Lemonade and Ice-Tea in one drink!" Yup still going. "Not to tart and not to bland! The best of the Arizona Ice-Tea Flavors, Half and Half Green Tea and Lemonade!"
(Insert hand smashing through a screen).

Now to bash the Arny Palm a tad. It is still to damn tart! They use NutraSweet and on top of oh... you know.... that whole cancer thing, it taste like a dog pissed into some Ice -Tea then you put it up to your lips. Yup, I think I hot the nail on the head with that one. It taste like dog piss.

To further my anger towards this terrible alter ego of a product, IT IS AVAILABLE ALMOST EVERYWHERE! Redners stocks literally a ton of AZ flavors, but not the Delicious refreshing GOOD Half and Half. They seem to stock the Arny Palm by the pallet! But I have been hard pressed to ever find the good sibling there.

So Amy and I have set out on a journey together if you will. We hunt out and find the retailers in The Greater Scranton Area who stock the sometimes very allusive Half and Half. On this journey we have come across some very torturous hazards. I have not once, but twice gotten my shirt sleeve stuck on the same freezer door at the Valero on the corner of Wyoming and Mullberry.

When we do find an outlet of the Golden Juice, I buy in bulk. Often buying the store out. Forcing them to order even more for me! The best place so far, stock wise (the cans were very sticky. Either someone loves this tea more than me, or a can burst mid transit soaking the rest. I hope it is the later), is the Sunoco Gas Station in Wyoming Ave (down by Prep). They had dozens of this drink of the Gods!

That was a beautiful site, thinking back I wish I had taken a photo so I could look upon it in the years to come. Oh well, I know where they are for future drooling.

If you care for a complete list of Team Amy/Jeff's finding, just ask. I will be honored to document such a great chase. Also, feel free to inform me as to the whereabouts of new locations. If I do not already know about them, I would love to chart them and buy some of the Golden Juice (not pee).

moving on...

The cons:

The availability is about it. But I am ever increasing the locations to purchase. It is turning into a great hunt! It went from one location, to two, to about a dozen now! Best part, I can ride my bike to one of the two that seems to have the most stock.

Back to cons, sorry for the break from topic. Redners! That is a large con. They sell the AZ cans for $.89. Every where else sells them for $.99. I tend to buy 5-10 cans when I find them. Now that means $10 for 10 cans (OK, OK, OK, OK. $9.89). Now if Redners stocked them, it would cost me $9 for 10 cans! I could be saving $1 or purchasing one more can! This is an outrage! I beg you all to call your State Representatives and demand that Redners gets it act together and sells the drink of the Gods!

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment