Thursday, April 23, 2009

What is a Hipster?

Well the tittle "Hipster" seems pretty self explanatory. But the definition seems to be much more outrageous. The reason it is outrageous is because, so many people have so many different definitions for it. Basically everyone that is not them. Not "as cool" as they are or, "are making THEIR ""Culture" to """Trendy."""

Well I will give "my" definition. A person that is Hip or Trendy. Not necessarily a bad thing. Here is Urban Dictionary definition. But people like to make it seem like you should be beat down for it. But.....yes this is a HUGE but.... EVERYONE IS A GODDAMN HIPSTER! So come down off your High Horse, and realize it. Stop trying to bring others down, because they wear fake Ray Bans, or wear a Keffiyah.

Ok I will admit that some people do try to hard, and to deserve to get made fun of. But most of the people getting "Ragged" on are just doing what they want to do. There is no, I did that first. NO YOU DIDN'T. Someone did it before you. You are not a trend setter, or some one special.

I wear Levi 514's and 511's. I have been wearing the 514's sense they first went into the catalog at the Army/Navy. So I have been rocking them for 4 years now and before that I wore/wear 501's. I really like them. They are really comfortable and they fit well.

But apparently I am a Hipster because I ware "Tight Jeans." I don't go around saying I wore them before they were popular, so I'm not a Hipster! Nope don't say that. In reality, They were based on their very popular selling 512 jeans. People wanted something that was not tapered. So Levi made the 514. A non-tapered version of the 512 and some colors were stretch fit. Now, if there wasn't a demand they jeans never would have been made. So people were wearing them before me. So no, I didn't wear them first, so I am not a trend setter.

Same with messenger bags. I have been using them for at least 15 years now. Sense before I knew about bike messengers. Hell my first one was from a skateboard magazine. But now I am a Hipster because I use a messenger bag. I don't go around crying that I have been using them for years so I am grandfathered into not being a Hipster.

But we do have some web sites that make fun of said Hipsters. like "Look at this Fucking Hipster"
Or Hipster Hunter. Now the Hipster Hunteris defanitly trying to hard. Mostly lots of pictures calling everyone a Hipster. But wait, isn't that MY point? Ok I'll admit I still laughed at some of them. Some of the people are super funny to look at. I think some were dressed up for an occasion. That meaning wore some things on purpose. Others are just lame people.

I will say I do have a problem with the Emo kids with black hair, with the blond top. Then they shag their hair over their eyes and they can't see. I saw a kid walking down the street today with his head damn near on his shoulder so he could see. His hair was so in his eyes, he couldn't even keep his head up. It reminded me of the old V8 commercials were the people walked sideways. I couldn't find a picture of that, but this will do:

The kid was not leaning forward, but did have his head tilted like that so he could see. Now I have long hair, but it you can't see GET A HAIR CUT!

Ok, that's enough of my rant for now. BUT! We have a new culprit to look out for! Be on the look out for this man:


He has also been spotted here:
That is all. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment