Tuesday, April 7, 2009

IT CAME!

Well after 6 weeks of waiting for my custom messenger bag from R.E. Load (you can see a photoshopped icon of my moc-up) it came yesterday! I didn't get to really take it for a spin yet, but I will. First thoughts, it could use one zipper pocket and a key ring. It has neither, but i will be installing my own key ring (in a week or two, it's new, I don't want to do anything to it yet). Over all it seems like a great bag, and again I only got it yesterday, so a better review will be in a week or two when I really get to use it.

They did an amazing job on the custom graphic (The reason it takes 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks). If you know me, you have seen my scooter jacket. I paid a lot for that patch and it is done by a computer. I think they do these by hand, and if not, their computer is 100% better than the custom patch company i got my jacket from. Come to think of it, i never reviewed my scooter or my jacket. I will do both. I think Mondays will be review day.

It is much bigger than my old Chrome bag, now to be used just for riding. Though it seems the Chrome, again as of less than 24 hours of use, will be better suited for the office/scooter life, the size isn't concussive for me and the fact the the R.E. Load was $300 I want to baby it for a bit. The biggest reason I say the Chrome is more suited for office, is because it has two pockets on the inside that I normally put my drink and or breakfast in one side. The other is where I keep my bike tools.

The R.E. Load does how ever have two HUGE front pockets, that seem like they will hold more and work just as good if not better than the Chrome. In addition to the outside pockets, there is a bundle if you will, of pockets on the front inside. I also opted for the F.B.I. pocket. That came with an up-charge of like $10-12. But I like pockets, so i got more of them. I haven't put anything in there yet, but it looks like it will hold a 12" laptop and still Velcro closed. It is not padded, but if you have a sleeve, you'll be fine.

The over all bag size is a little over 2600 c.u. inches, compared to the Chrome that is 2000 c.u. inches. The Chrome always seemed a tad small for me. I carry a lot of stuff, most of which i don't need, but i always have it.

The strap is pretty stiff, though not as stiff as I thought it would be. it doesn't seem like it will adjust to easily, the Chrome was really easy (and it looks like the Seagull is even better. Hopefully my next bag). But I am sure with time and use i will figure out an easy way to adjust it.

Ok here are two quick pictures. I will take lots more, and compare my new R.E. Load bag to my Chrome and some others I have used in the past once I get some use out of it.

Do you like my pillows? My old Macbook? Kim just made Amy and I that blanket, it's great!

That is all. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment