Thursday, April 16, 2009

The BOY is Back in Town!


So I spent a night in the city of Boston. I thought I would take a little walk around and hit up a pub. Grab a pint and enjoy a nice spring night. Well I was sadly wrong. We rolled into town after 10. We checked into the lovely The Westin Boston Waterfront. Well from the 5 hours I spent in the hotel it seemed lovely. It was nice, at night it looked like it had a nice view. In the morning I was over looking a dirt lot over 100 yards long full of old RVs and School Buses. Ya, nice.

Well I will rewind here for a second. I was suppose to leave work on Tuesday at 2:30-3. OK, GREAT! I get to leave work early! Well no.....no I didn't.

The woman I was traveling with had a "Meeting" at 2. I get a call about 3:15 "Hi Jeff it's ____, I need another 15 minutes and I will be ready to go." Now 4:15 "Hi Jeff, sorry, I'll meet you out front at 4:30." OK now I am leaving 2 hours late. I am mad, i was suppose to leave work early, it is apparent I didn't. 4:40 we are finaly pulling out of the parking lot, 20 minutes before the time I leave work for the day.

Now I rushed to get all my projects done because after all they told me FRIDAY that I was going to Boston on TUESDAY! Oh and if you forgot Sunday was Easter.
So I rush to get my work done because I now have 2 less days to get two priority projects done. OK, I get my work done, because after all, I am awesome!

So Tuesday, you know my half day, I spend cleaning up my computer, deleting all the editing software off of it because.... I AM SUPPSOE TO HAVE MY NEW MAC WHEN I GET BACK TO WORK ON THURSDAY! So I am stoked for this, guess what, it's Thursday right now, guess what I am using.....My old crappy PC.
Now for the trip! I get to spend 5-6 hours at the hotel. Just enough time to suffer from some insomnia because I need my Leggies to get a good night sleep. And I didn't have her there. So I get up at 5:30 a.m. shower, get dressed, run through my equipment. OK, good to go. Head over to the facility and.... wait for it.....ready....did you guess it? Wait around! score! I got up early to stand around for an hour and a half! GREAT!

Now I get to shoot video and take photos. So I am doing that, I look for my shots, plan them out, and yup! The lady I am with, keeps going every where in the facility but the places I need to shoot. So hours and hours later, I am finally shooting, then standing around for another 2 hours while the lady I am with bullshits. I was suppose to be home at 5 or 6 to help Liz set up the Geo caching for the kids! I DIDN'T GET HOME UNTILL 9!

Some High lights:

Got to leave work 20 minutes early to sit in a car for 5 1/2 hours with a stranger.
Got to lay in bed at a nice hotel and not sleep.
Got 4-5 hours of "Sleep."
Woke up at 5:30 a.m.
Stood around for I'd say 4-5 hours.
Ate almost no food on Wednesday(I ate the snacks Amy packed me then not again until about 8 at night).
Got to hear that I was sitting around for 20 minutes because.... ready for this...... I WASN'T! She was pumping her breasts! WTF! I didn't need to know that!
Got lost because she was busy talking on her cell phone and not listening to the GPS or me telling her she was in the wrong lane.
Then got home at 9 p.m.

Oh and the video shoot, didn't go that good. Waist of 2 days of my life. Never again.

The only highlight was seeing Amy when I walked in the door.

The new R.E. Load bag worked great! All my stuff fit and there was plenty of extra space.

And we had a sighting of this man!

He looked like this:



That is all. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment