Monday, March 23, 2009

BEER AND AN OPEN FLAME!!!

So yesterday was my weekly ritual with the great JT. This amazing ritual is call Beer Sunday. Named after the beverage of choice and the day of the week. We rotate from his house and my apartment. Here is the breakdown, we get drunk, play with power tools and build things. Well this week, we were at my apartment, we didn't have anything to build, but JT saw something fun on the internet. It involved fire, hot metal, and empty beer bottle, beer consumption (how else are you going to get an empty beer bottle?), and oil. But we thought ahead! We used eye protection! All of our attempts were of course FAILURES. Which is kind of odd because when we build things drunk, they come out damn near perfect, when we build things sober they come out terrible.

There it is! The answer! We were not drunk enough to succeed! Now I know how to fix this problem!

Anyway, Amy recorded most of our failed attempts. They are funny. They are on YouTube. Here is a preview of some attmepts:


















You get the idea. Head over to YouTube to see us look stupid some more. If you’re to lazy to click the link I will tell you this. None of the attempts worked. we only cracked a bottle in a vertical zig zag after I heated the glass bottle itself in the flame and then used cold water. Oh and we didn't get burned, hurt, or burn my apartment building down. We did ruin some innocent screws and nails though.


That wasn't the whole weekend though! No there was also Saturday! Come on now. You know you re-cap your weekend backwards too.


Well Mr. Rogan planed out a day of fun for a few of us kids in the gang on Saturday. We played "Frisbee Football." I was basically 11 men running around on 1/4 of a soccer field thinking they were all going to die. Ok i'll give some shout outs. Some of the players included Derek, Chris "Risk", Mr. Rogan, J Sly, and a few other I meet Saturday and have already forgotten their names.


This game was interesting. It works like this. Kick off, team gets Frisbee where it falls, teammate must throw Frisbee to another teammate to progress down the field. You cannot run/walk once you are holding the Frisbee. The other team can, intercept, block, smack, well anything to prevent the other team from catching the Frisbee. Once it hits the ground, the other team gets it. And this went on and on and on. You pretty much don't stop running. I am a little out of shape. Ok, ok, ok. I gained like 20 lbs in the past few months; I am an out of shape fat ass. But I'm working on it.


My mode of transportation to the game was this.

And this is what it looked like when I got to the field:

It kind of got turned into a coat rack. There were more hoodies and jackets on it. I wasn't happy. It's ok for me to hang MYstuff on MY bike (the green bag and the blue hoodie), but when a lot of kids who I don't know hang things on my bike, I get upset. The other jacket left on my bike is J Sly's.....he is allowed.

So after all of this physical activity it was time for lunch! The best Italian Deli in town! Cara Mia's. This was a beautiful thing. Derek gave me a ride to the deli in his truck, I didn't want to miss out on the great lunch. I then road my bike home. I was tired.

Friday night my friends band, The Invisible Swordsmen, played a show at the Goal Line Sports Bar in Carbondale. I thought I was going to get raped. I wore a corn hole protector. Scary place, I will not be returning there.

So there is a recap. Be sure to check out the YouTube clips, they involve fire!

That is all. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment