Saturday, February 4, 2012

DO NOT EAT AT McDONALDS!

McDonald's recently released a new radio ad. You may or may not have already head it. If not, here you go.


I am among many people who are outraged. Here is an email I sent to their marketing department:

"Your ad for your new chicken bites is offensive. It also goes past offensive into defamatory and false advertising. Did your marketing department even bother to fact check before you ran
such an outrageous ad? You are trying to tell me that the pit bull that sleeps in my bed every
night, the dog that has shown me more love and compassion than any other bread of dog, the
dog that turned my dog hating fiance into a dog lover, is inherently bad for me, and you
preservative packed, fat fill FRIED new chicken bites are good and safe for me. Your 24 hour
drive through was the main reason I ate your food. After a long day of work, and not
getting home until after midnight, food options are limited. McDonald's is close, cheap and
some times fast. You can now add at least 2 more people to the list of customers you lost.
I will spread the word, as word of mouth still commands listeners in this day and age. 2 turns
into 4, 4 to 8, 8 to 16.... You get the point. Not good during a slow economic recovery to be
losing customers like that. Now my family (my pit bull is included in that) will no longer
stop by the Golden arches on a road trip, or after a long day of work. We will take next exit,
go to Burger King, Wendy's, or I'll take the long way home and go to Sheetz after work. All
because your company finds it OK to perpetuate false stereotypes. By the way, pit bulls where
once the mascot to the USMC, and are referred to as the "Nanny Dog" and are trusted to
look over children."

That is along the same lines of the phone call I had with them earlier as well. There is also a Facebook page now dedicated to the people who are angry with this ad. Here is the photo I saw last night that got my engine revved up.

I searched the radio on my ride home from work last night trying to hear the ad, but at midnight, there are not very many radio ads playing. When I got home I looked to no avail to find the ad again. This morning I found he above ad posted on Saveabull.com. If you click that blue link there, you will go right to the page about the story. You can see McDonald's weak apology for offending their "customers."

I for one, will no longer eat at McDonald. I ask you to do the same. Please boycott McDonald's. If you want to eat fast food, there are plenty of other options out there.

The contact information for you to voice your concerns to McDonald's are as fallows:

1-800-244-6227
or
Marketing & Advertising

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment