Tuesday, October 21, 2014

And I Can Take a Breath

So after I talk about how I am going to be more diligent and keep up with this blog, I then failed you all.  In my defense I had almost zero time.  You see it is trade show season!  That probably means nothing to you, and you are lucky it does. So let me elaborate a tad on what that means to me.

Well it means HELL for about a month.  This year was a little easier on me, as I did so much work last year I was able to re-work some sections and use them again.  But normally I start creating graphics and layouts for several video sections from scratch.  Once they are created, I then make countless patches, changes and updates to the various sections.  This means a lot of late nights, stress and screaming vulgarities at my computer. 

BUT.. now I can breath for a few days because the trade show is happening now, and all my work is done.  This does not mean I won't get an irate phone call telling me I need to make something new right away and stay really late to overnight it in the AM for early morning delivery; but it also doesn't mean that that will happen either.  So I can take a slight breath for a few days.  All this before I have to gear up to re-shoot what I spent all summer working on.  But that is a tail for another day.

Now I get to talk about how I am wearing jeans to work for a week and I didn't even have to donate $10!  Yes the one benefit of the trade show is, we get to dress down for a week for "all our hard work."   So hear I sit wearing jeans and my standard western shirt typing away, watching the minutes creep by.

Man this day is dragging on.  It seems it will never end. Hell I don't even feel like it began yet.  I might need more sleep, more coffee or a goo long run to burn off what ever is making my tummy hurt.

I have something planed for tomorrows blog.  I hope I have time to take photos for it tonight.  I really don't have anything else to say today.  My brain is still fried from last week.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment