Friday, November 1, 2013

Hmm. The Days Tick By...

So these days seem to tick by quite quickly anymore.  I use to feel like the days dragged and I wanted them to be over.  Now they seem to be gone and the alarm is waking me up for the next day.  I set up weekend projects, or trips.  They help to slow things down some.

Maybe I'm feeling nostalgic of the days gone by.  Maybe I'm just depressed.  Feeling more like the latter, but that is not what this blog is about!  Chin up boy, cherio and all that happy horse shit.

I have been listening to a lot of UK bands and feeling the urge to play/write new music.  Most would probably tell me to give it up kid, you're not cut out to be a musician.  But I sir am not a musician.  I'm just some guy who finds beauty in instruments  loves to collect them, and am a novice at playing them.  I am far from a musician.

In addition to this revitalized musical sense I am feeling, I am desparate need for a change.  Now I know what you are thinking, only been married a year and already looking to get out.  That is not the type of change I mean at all.  I am happily married and plan to keep it that way.  Also very happy with my twill, and do not want to be without him.

I am talking about a move, or some real travel.  I have always wanted to go to the UK, Italy, Germany and Japan.  I keep seeing Brighton everywhere these days.  Seems like as good a place as any to start.  Only problem with the UK is a lot of BSL, and that pisses me off.  But good thing I have an American Bulldog, right....hint, hint, wink, wink.

Back to traveling.  I have been all over the States, touched into Canada for a bit, dipped down into Mexico a time or two, and splashed in the Caribbean a few times.  But non of that is real travel.  I really need to experience more of the world.  Not just Main Street America, or the Americanized tropic, so I feel at home.  I don't want to feel at home.  I want things to be different.  The only things I want the same are my wife and my dog.  Too many years in this bubble, some breathing room and fresh air will do me good.

Speaking of fresh air, I am still trying to make this family a new home in PDX.  I need to try harder, as my mood slipped so did my drive.  I need to make my mood become my drive for change.  So PDX, hear this.  We will be living there SOON!  Be ready, and start learning how to make some good wings!  That's the only thing I don't like about the western side of our Great Country.  No One knows how to make a real chicken wing!  Looks like my Right Coast Food Cart will do just fine out there.

There is also Philly, close to home, but a whole different world.  And my favorite city on the East Coast and second favorite city in the country.  Plenty of good drink, parks, things to do. Not far from the beach in the summer months (though it is in NJ, and we all know my feelings about Jersey).

I think I am getting off track.  I am about to go off on a tangent about how much I dislike Jersey.  So we will move on, back to traveling.  I would love to grab a few backpacks  a travel guitar and the wife, dog and I can be off.  Hop a train when we need to and see the world.  There is so much of it out there, too much to stay nestled in this little corner of Anywhere America.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment