Thursday, April 15, 2010

Video Friday... on Thursday!

I know I have traditionally done Fridays as video day, but with limited adventures and things to bitch about, I felt today, Thursday, was a good day for a video or two. Hell I saw this video minutes ago and well, I needed to share.




Now aren't you glad I was in a sharing kind of mood? I know I feel better that I did my civic duty for the day.

It is still early though, only 1:02 p.m. EST and there is still a bike ride out there for me to tackle today. So you never know, I may see some more rapes of the animal (or human, but hopefully not) variety and I will have that to write about.

But I do have another thing to talk about for a minute. Last week Amy and I ordered shoes from Tom's Shoes. She bought a pair a few months ago and really liked them so we decided it was time for more. I myself was stoked because the pair I wanted when Amy made her last order was now in stoke in my size!

So we ordered up our shoes and set out to wait patiently for them to arrive in the mail. This morning our doorbell rings. At first I thought it was part of my crazy dream of Chris Rock being a great Jazz musician and Amy and I watching him and the crazy antics that ensue when Chris Rock is playing Jazz guitar. But no, it was the actual doorbell ringing.

So I tossed on some shorts and a shirt and answered the door. There was a UPS man in his brown uniform starring at me. I accepted the package and came back inside to open up our prize. The first pair to come out of the box were Amy's shoes, they are very nice. then I grab mine.


As I look at the shoes and all their simple glory I see the size printed on the inside of the shoe. MENS 10. I think to myself.... I ordered a 9.

Yup the box, hang tab and invoice all say mens size 9 on them. But no, they were tagged wrong and I got a size to big. So I put them on and yup, they are a little big. But I think I can deal with this. But the part that gets my goat is this... This is the second time Amy bought me shoes, and the second time when they got here the shoes were not the size ordered.

Let's rewind this two Christmases ago. Amy bought me a pair of slip on Chucks to replace my badly beaten pair. The pair being replaced was a size 9 (my normal shoe size), but the reviews said get a half a size smaller because they run big. OK, my old pair ran a but big so she ordered me an 8.5. Great. Christmas comes and I get my shoes. Damn if the box, hang tag and invoice didn't say 8.5, but the damn shoes were a 7.5!

Well third time is a charm, so next time Amy buys me a pair of shoes they should be the right size.....or so I hope.

OK, Time to put this blog on pause for a while. I need to chill, apply for jobs and go for my bike ride. All of this gives me more material to write about on this blog. And I know how much you all miss my blogging 5 days a week.

But while I am on pause, here is a little something for you:



And this brilliant interpritation of the Wilks-Barre PA culture:



Well the best part of my bike ride is when I made a goose shit it's feathers. That's right, I made a goose shit it feathers. As I rode my bike past it, the goose got scared and dropped some poop!

Also when I got home there was a redneck fight in the hallway while I was trying to get my keys out to get inside my place. Sorry to make you all wait for not much more of a blog. But this is how the goose shits it's feathers.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment