Friday, January 29, 2010

Where am I?

Hi, who are you? Who am I?

OK, OK. I know it is a long time in between my blogs. But I have motivation today! I will say I did want to blog earlier this week, but the forces of nature would not allow it. So we will start there after we acknowledge the fact that a great American author has passed on. and my Favorite author.

J.D. Salinger passed at the age of 91 on Wednesday. He was a recluse for the past 50 years, but a brilliant author. PTFO J.D.

January 1, 1919 – January 27, 2010

Now on to the show. Last week Amy got sick. She felt terrible and we thought it was food poisoning from a little lunch counter two blocks from out place. Turns out it wasn't. How do we know, I got it earlier this week. We then found out that a girl Amy works with and her friend were also sick with the same symptoms.

If you are getting sick the symptoms of this "bug" included all those found with the flue. Yup, achy joints, upset stomach (that makes things come out both ends) and the chills. So if you are experiencing this, good thing is, the worst will only last two days. Bad thing is, you are sick.

This sickness made me lose two whole days this week. Yesterday I asked Amy what day it was and she replied "Thursday." I replied, "No what day is it really." It really was Thursday. I expected it to be Wednesday. I knew I lost one day being sick, but to have another one totally be absent from memory... that was interesting. And I didn't even have and medicine in me.

Why no medicine you ask? Because it would not stay down. I took it and it came back out in about a half an hour. So take care and look out the W2S0 is out there looking for you!

We will now move on to two things that happened today.... now that I am feeling almost back to normal.

Amy and I woke up and went to the grocery store. OK, nothing out of the ordinary in that, and that is not our story. Well it is not much of a story, but a picture with a set up. Here is the set up.

After groceries, it was about 12:30 p.m. and Amy asked if I wanted to make something for lunch or just grab something. I said "We are out, lets just grab something." Now there is a McDonald's in the same plaza as the grocery store. We keep seeing commercials for the new McD's Big Mac Wrap. now here is what they look like in the commercial:

OK, I know they are not going to look like that when you actually buy one. But you would think that the shape should be similar. Here is what the two we bought looked like:

Come on now. They were not altered by me, hell I didn't even brighten up the picture so you could see just how they looked when we opened them. The one on the right was totally mashed together. What the hell is that all about. Really. At least the one on the left was the right shape. Now this made Amy and I laugh, but the more I think about it the more I get pissed off. This is screwed up.

They tasted fine though.

Now to the next part of my day. I decided to go find a guitar store today. About 2 weeks ago I did some looking for guitar stores and found a few in the area. So today I went to Strike a Chord Music, which looked like one of the bigger one in in the area........ it is not big at all.

If you click on that blue text above you will be at their web site. It boast a recreation on Abby Road and a lounge area. Well first off that painting is terrible. It is suppose to be a caricature...OK. But it is not good at all. I'll leave it there instead of getting mean.

Now this place was much smaller than I thought. Much smaller. It also boasts having a lounge area. When I read this on the web site I thought cool, a place for kids to chill while they are waiting for their lessons. I am sure this is what they were going for, but man, they used up 1/4 of the store. This is a lot of wasted space. There are two or three couches and some chairs. This could be a nice selling area. One couch and two chairs would have been more than enough.

Moving on to their stock. There wasn't much of it. A few guitars, nothing that I would buy. There was something interesting. At first look, it looked like a vintage archtop electric guitar. But reading the headstock, I now believe it to be a cheap re-creation. And it was priced at $400. To little for a vintage instrument, and to much for a cheap knock off.

If you are looking for a student acoustic guitar that you think will almost never get played. This is you place to go. They had a bunch (more than 5) $65 acoustic guitars. A few different colors.

So I was disappointed with this store. Next week I will search out another store and see if I could find something better. If not, Wades Worlds and Gallucci's are where I will do my shopping. I will also have Amy show me some places in Philly.

That is all, carry on.

1 comment:

  1. The post you have posted here is really good and your sit too, thank you

    ReplyDelete