Monday, January 18, 2010

As the Time Passes

Now I know it has been some time sense my last blog post. I will make up no excuses as to why. I will be blunt. I have laked motivation. Not just in blogging, but in damn near everything.

I have been applying for jobs and that is about it. When Amy is here in the morning/afternoon, I have the life and energy of 10000 half men, but when she leaves for the day, I just mope. But my friends, last night I seem to have seen the light of day! In the darkness of the night!

I have been spending many a night on my ass watching TV/movies/TV series with my guitar in one hand and a beer in another. Well last night I began to turn one out of two new riffs into an actual new song! It still needs work, and another verse and half, but I will record it soon and try to mix it to the best of my abilities.


So music has taken me out of my miserable mind set. That and today Amy and I went exploring in Palmerton. We found an old store, much like an old Woolworth of yesteryear.

Said Woolworth looking store was called Spillanes Variety Store. And a variety store it was. Filled with all sorts of things. But a lot of arts and crafts supplies. That is where I found this little awesome guy below.

And assembled....

This is flippin' cool!

So now that I am feeling a little better and writing some new music, we are headed out to visit the C.F. Martin & Co. guitar factory tomorrow! This was something I had hoped to do last week, but I had scheduled some Civil Service exams in Scranton on the same day. I was Amy's only day off last week and I inadvertently ruined it.

In my defense I did schedule the exams months ago, right after I was being told of my involuntary dismissal from the company I use to work for. No I was not fired, I was laid off. Getting back on topic.

Tomorrow we are headed to Nazareth PA to do the FREE C. F. Martin & Co. factory tour! This is something I am very stoked about. I use to own one of these glorious instruments. a D15 Mahogany to be exact. Great guitar. I choose the mahogany for it's rich deep tones. But I had purchased a Taylor not to long after and that having electronics in it, I ended up playing that more. So I did what I do with most of my great guitars..... I sold it to Mr. Risk.

So Mr. Risk now owns not only a great instorment, but a piece of American history. The D15 is made using pre-WW II X bracing. Mr. Risk got a good set up on said D15 and added some electronics. I have had the opportunity to gig next to Mr. Risk, he playing his Martin and I playing my Taylor, and the two made a great sounding pair.

So tomorrow we are off to take a tour and explore our new surroundings some more. And with that I leave you, to do my manly duties. They being the dishes and cook some dinner. My belly tells me it is almost time.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment