Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I Learned a Thing or Two.

OK, the photo sucks. I was tired, dirty, sweaty, and didn't feel like getting the real camera and uploading . So I took the easy way out, cell phone photo with a mobile upload.

But today was a .....Success!

Well I did run into one unforeseen problem. One of the 8mm bolts holding the cover (the black thing you see on the front there) was totally striped. In my anger and frustration, It went from being stripped really bad, to being stripped REALLY BAD.

But JT had these niftly little space aged tools called bolt removal set. He came over and got right to work. Within ten minutes he got that bastered off! Then we moved into the problem I knew about....The drive face being stuck on the crank shaft, due to me turning it into a mushroom.

Well after a few failed ideas, we came up with a good one. JT got one flat head screw driver and I got another. We got on either side and got a good rhythm going on. And it slowly started to come off. We got that thing to the very edge, and the little bugger still wouldn't come off. So again we got our motion going on....

Get your head out of the gutter!

....then all of a sudden, that crazy piece of metal went flying across the garage.

When all the stuck parts were removed, that swing arm was off the motor in minutes. That blew my mind. I thought it was going to take me an hour once I got the variator off. It literally took me less than 15 minutes.

Next step, bob my rear fender, cut the tail light bracket down, and install the swing arm! You will be updated shortly.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment