Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Attack!

So today started like any other here in Weissport, PA. I woke up about 10-10:30 a.m. Made coffee checked my email, applied for a few jobs, read Total Ruckus. Woke Amy up a little late, about 12 (she was really tired last night, so I let her sleep in).

After Amy was up and we drank some coffee we went for groceries and to the bank. Came home put away the groceries, made some egg sandwiches. And yes, I do make the best egg sandwiches you have ever had the privilege to meet. I did some laundry and watched some TV.

Amy headed off to work about 2:30 and I finished the laundry. I corresponded with the manliest of men, Biff Malibu about a great project he wants to get going. Then I went for my daily bike ride.

You know, the average everyday stuff. Then it happened. The unthinkable....

I was fucking chased down by three families of geese! And these guys were not flying. The came out of no where and charged me down the canal path. It was ridiculous! I had to pull over by the fence and watch these little devils. They don't have teeth, but they are tenacious. I have seen them chase and fight each other. When their taters are involved, they are crazy!

I made my way to the end of the trail and turned around. As quickly as they came, they were gone! I saw ZERO geese on my return trip. But I did see something disturbing.

Two young redneck kids where walking down the path, up river. They were carrying inter-tubes on their heads.

OK. side bar. The canal is on one side the Lehigh river is on the other. Multiple outfitters do rafting trips down the river.

The kids were going to hit the rapids on inter-tubes! OK, I was a little jealous, and would like to try it myself, but when you see two redneck kids carrying inter-tubes on their heads, you get a bad feeling.

OK, I need to clean today off of me.

That is all,carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment