Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday...

So it's Friday.  You are ready and raring for the weekend to drop.  Watching that clock tick by, waiting for quitting time.  Maybe your not, and you don't care.  As the clock quickly ticks by(or slowly depending on how much you want it to be dash for the door time) you all have your own plans.  To go out and drink to the point where you forget your own name, that weekend project you have been planing and are ready to get dirty into, to do nothing at all.  And well everything in between and outside the boundaries of those three suggestions. 

I am contemplating my own plans for this weekend.  I am actually thinking how this weekend is a spring board into something bigger.  Better?  Nah, not better.  Something that is going to suck a tremendous amount of bad. 

I ran the Steamtown Marathon about 4 weeks ago.  It was my first marathon, and I said it would be my last.  But a friend of mine just ran the NYC marathon this past weekend.  Neither of us were happy with our times.  So we both kind of talked each other into doing Steamtown again next year.  I am not looking forward to that at all.  In fact I hate the idea of doing it again.  But as lazy as I am, I like to set some sort of goal(s) from time to time.  And now I gave two.  I would also like to do a triathlon this summer. 

What does this approaching weekend have to do with any of this you ask.  Well I had a great routine down before I started training to run the marathon.  That all went to hell when I had to cover 40-50 miles a week.   I have been taking it easy the past month getting back into my old routine.  But my old routine isn't going to cut it anymore.  So this weekend I need to start a brand new one.  I figure if I start super early, I will be much more prepared. 

I have a half marathon in April that should be pretty easy, I will do a few halfs throughout the year to keep myself on point.  But I need to do a lot of cross training.  Hence the triathlon.  This will be a big year for me if I stay on track.  I also want to do some mud run's (Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash I am looking at you).  The full marathon sucks, but long mud runs are sun as hell.

I mean, who doesn't want to get electrocuted, fall into ice cold water, crawl under barbwire, jump over fire, get blasted by fire hoses and all sorts of other crazy things the folks who put on those races can come up with.  Got to keep this working out fun somehow. 

So while your planning your next bar, ordering a new shot, chilling on the couch or whatever if you have planned, remember I'll be dreading the next day or the next few hours of my life as I hit a treadmill, bike or at some point a pool.  I aint gearing up for an Iron Man, but I will want to be as ready as I can be for the hell I am going to put myself through between April and October of next year.

That is all, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment